Mixed vegetable rice
Ingredients:-Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Chili - 1
Carrot - 2 (peeled and cut into small cubes)
Green peas - 3/4 cup (fresh or frozen)
Water - 3 cups
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Whole garam masala - 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, 3 cardamom
Salt - to Taste
How to make mixed vegetable rice :-1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or pressure cooker. Add the cumin seeds and the whole spices.
2. After sauteing for a minute, add the onions, green chili and ginger garlic paste.
3. Saute for a minute and add the vegetables.
4. After about a minute add the rice.
5. Saute for another 2 minutes so that the oil coats the vegetables and rice evenly.
6. Now add the water and required salt.
7. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and cover with a lid.
8. If using a pressure cooker, cook for about 10 minutes. If you are using a normal pot, cook for about 20-25 minutes till all the moisture is absorbed and the rice is cooked soft.
9. Fluff with a fork and serve. I love to serve it with creamy curries.