The very first question is, what is white chicken and dark chicken?
The main reason for the difference of white and red colour of meat is the myoglobin-a oxygen carrying protein, that transports oxygen. The myoglobin is a chemical that causes the meat to appear darker in colour. Hence, those muscles that are require more oxygen and, therefore, have more myoglobin. The more myoglobin a muscle receives, the darker the meat will be when cooked. In USA, people do not prefer dark meat because it contains myoglobin and saturated fat. As they believe it is responsible for obesity.
Hence, there is little nutritional difference between these two types of meat.
Difference between White and dark chicken is as follows:-
- White Chicken meat- refers to the breast and wings.
- Dark Chicken meat- the legs and thighs.
Ingredients for White Chicken
- 1 kg White Chicken pieces
- 10 gms ginger
- 15 flakes garlic
- 10 Whole red chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 200 gms onions
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to make White Chicken recipe
Step-1 Selection of white chicken piecesSelect white chicken-i.e. breasts and wings, and wash it with water.
Step-2: Preparation of ingredients for marinating
- Grind together chillies, cumin seeds, ginger and garlic into a paste and rub on chicken. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour.
- Separately grind cashew nuts into a paste, adding a little water.
Step-3: Preparation for white chicken fry
- Heat oil in cooker for about 3 minutes.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add chilli paste.
- Stir and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and remaining water and mix well.
If you want white chicken fry, we can get from this step,
Step-4: Preparation for white chicken gravy
- Close cooker. Bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open cooker .
- Place cooker with chicken on high heat.
- Stir in cashew nuts paste, tomato ketchup and sugar.
- Cook till gravy thickens, stirring constantly.
Your white chicken is ready to serve. Check our other Chicken Recipes here.