For the dough:-
1 ½ cups Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
2 tablespoons Oil
Salt to taste
little more than ½ cup Water
For paneer paratha stuffing:-
1 ½ cups Paneer
1 Green chili
2-3 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves
1 teaspoon Red chili powder
½ to 1 teaspoon Garam masala
1 teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
1 teaspoon Chaat masala
1 teaspoons Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
Salt to taste
Other ingredients :-
Whole wheat floor for dusting
How to make paneer paratha:-1. To Make stuffing, take all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl (paneer, chopped green chili, coriander leaves, salt, red chili powder, amchur powder, garam masala, chaat masala and kasoori methi).
2. Mix well till everything is incorporated well. Divide into 6 equal portions and keep it aside.
3. To make dough or outer layer, take atta, salt and oil in a bowl. Mix oil and salt well into atta using your fingertips.
4. Then add little water at a time and start kneading the dough.
5. Knead it till it gets smooth and soft. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 15 minutes.
6. After resting time, knead the dough once again and divide it into 6 equal portions. Make smooth ball and flatten it out between your palm.
7. Work with one disc at a time. dip into atta and start rolling using rolling pin and board.
8. Make 4 inch diameter circle.
9. Put the one portion of stuffing in the center.
10. Start gathering the edges using hand.
11.Then pinch it into the center to seal it tightly.
12. Using your hand, flatten it out..
13.Dust with atta again.
14. Roll again gently into 6 inch diameter circle.
15. Once you have couple of paratha rolled out, heat the tawa or pan on medium heat. Once you have practice then you can roll and fry together. Once tawa is hot, place the paratha on it and cook for few seconds, you will see few bubbles on top.
16. Flip the paratha, apply some oil on it. While you apply the oil, other side is also cooked.
17.Flip it and cook oiled side by pressing lightly with spatula.
18. Again apply oil, flip and cook by pressing to cook second oiled side.
Paratha is ready, keep into insulated container or serve directly into plate.