Missi roti is a healthy recipe particular popular in Punjab and Rajasthan. It is a combination of wheat flour and gram flour, blended with seasoned spices. It is almost similar to normal paratha except the addition of spices. Missi roti is just counterpart of paratha, which is very common recipes in breakfast in India. Missi roti has been categorised as veg-recipe as well as non-veg. recipe, depending on the blending ingredients are used.
In this article, minced chicken has been used as an external modifier. Hence, it is called as murg missi roti or murgh missi roti or chicken missi roti.
Ingredients for Chicken Missi Roti/Murg Missi Roti:-
- Chicken minced -1 1/2 cup
- Flour -1 cup
- Gram flour -1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Chat masala- 1 teaspoon
- Anardana powder- 1 tablespoon
- Onion- finely chopped 1
- Green Chili Chopped- 4
- Green coriander chopped- 2 tablespoons fresh
- Egg- 1
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
HOW TO MAKE MURG/CHICKEN MISSI ROTI:--
- Add flour, gram flour, salt, turmeric powder, chat masala, anardana and mix in a bowl.
- Put onion, green chillies, green coriander, chicken minced, egg, a tablespoon of oil and take a little water and dough.
- Make small balls from dough. Roll it like roti. Then cook on the tawa on medium flame. Apply some oil until it gets golden brown. Serve it along with chutney, achar, or some curry as per your wish.