This jal jeera drink is very easy to make and you will get addicted to this summer cooler. Try out this easy jal jeera drink at home with easy available ingredients at home.Jaljeera, a refreshing and natural drink, can help to fight intestinal gas and poor digestion, says an expert .
* Good for digestion: Jaljeera contains black salt, which is good for digestion. It helps in heartburns, relieves from intestinal gas and rehydrates the body.* Prevents anaemia: Cumin content helps in preventing and treating anaemia as it is the excellent source of iron. It even improves immunity and keeps your body cool.
* Remedy for gastrointestinal upset: With ginger content, it treats any feeling of nausea and giddiness. It even helps in treatment of abdominal cramps, vomiting, menstrual cramps, arthritis, intestinal gas and several other disorders.
* Improves vitamin C deficiency: As it has dry mango or ‘amchoor’ powder, which is high in vitamin C, helps to improve immunity and keeps scurvy at bay.
* Burns calories: For calorie conscious people, it’s a care-free drink which they can have as it comes with very low calorie content.
* Keeps you hydrated: It is the cure for all health issues as it keeps the body hydrated and removes toxins from your body.
Fresh mint leaves - 1/3 cup, washed and chopped roughly
Fresh coriander leaves - 1/2 cup, washed and chopped roughly
Ginger - 1 tsp, grated
Tamarind - medium sized lemon ball, soak in warm water for 10 mts, remove extract
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp (optional)
Sugar - 2-3 tbsps, dissolve in 1/4 cup water
Water - 1 cup
Cold water - 1 lt (4 cups)
For jaljeera powder:
Cumin seeds - 3/4 tbsp
Black pepper corns - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Cloves - 2
Black cardamom - 1
Black salt - 1 tsp
Rock salt - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
How to makr jaljeera powder :-
Dry roast cumin seeds on low to medium flame for 5-6 mts. Remove from pan and set aside. Next dry roast fennel seeds for 3 mts, set aside. Next dry roast cloves, black cardamom and black pepper corns for 2 mts and set aside. Once the spices cool, grind them to a fine powder along with black salt, rock salt, dry mango powder and asafoetida.
How to make jaljeera:-
1.Grind the coriander leaves, mint leaves and ginger along with a cup of water to a fine paste. Pour the ground paste into a strainer and set aside the strained juice.
2.Add a litre of cold water to the strained juice and mix well. Add the tamarind extract, sugar water and lemon juice and stir well.
3.Add 2 tbsps of the ground jaljeera powder to the liquid and mix well. If the jal jeera is too tangy, add more water. If it needs more tang, add some lemon juice. Adjust according to taste and refrigerate until serving time.
4.At the time of serving, pour into tall glasses. Add ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves or boondi .....