Special Namakpare Recipe
Namak Pare or Namakpara is a delicious salty snack enjoyed with tea or coffee. As we know, Namakpara is also a popular “snacks” that most of us like to be placed along with the tea. Good thing about namakpare is that it, afetr its preparation, you can store it for 2 -3 weeks.
Namak para is ribbon-like strips of pastry delicately seasoned with cumin seeds, carom seeds, and caraway seeds and deep fried in pure ghee (clarified butter). It requires approximately 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
Holi Special Namakpara
- · 1 cup maida (flour)
- · luke warm water
- · 2 tbsp beaten curd, 3 tblsp ghee
- · 1tsp Ajwain
- · 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- · Oil for deep frying
Note: The ingredients given above is for 1 cup maida, use the other ingredients in proportion accordingly.
Steps by step guide to cook Namak para
1. Sieve Maida in a pan.
2. Add salt , carom seeds, kalonji and melted ghee and mix well.
3. Make soft dough/ breadcrumbs by adding water little by little at a time.
4. In a separate bowl combine beaten curd with water. With this mixture knead a tight dough out of the flour salt mixture.
5. Cover it with a lid and set aside for 20 mins.
6. Now knead the dough once again for 1-2 mins .
7. Make balls of the dough and roll them into a ¼" thick flat bread of the size of a medium pizza and cut it into a diamond shape using a knife
8. Heat the oil in the pan for frying the Namak Pare.
9. Once the oil is medium hot, fry the Namak Pare till it is golden brown. You need to keep turning them so that both the sides are fried evenly.
10. Drain them in a tissue paper and once cold , store them in an air tight container.
Next step, Enjoy the taste on this Holi with your loving ones. Try here our other selected Holi Special Recipes especially for this Holi.