Green peas ki poori
Wheat flour – 2 cup ( 300 gms)
1 cup green Peas + 1 green chili- Coarsely grind
Green Coriander- 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder- ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/ 4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Salt- ¾ tsp ( or to taste )
Oil – For fryIng
How to make green peas ki poori:-
1. Coarsely grind 1 cup green peas alongwith 1 green chili to make a paste.
2. Take 2 cups wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add ground peas to the flour, followed by ¾ tsp salt, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp red chilly powder, 2 tsp finely chopped green coriander and 1 tbsp oil. Mix all the ingredients well. Then add water in little portions and knead a soft dough to make the pooris. Less than ½ cup of water is used for kneading this much quantity of dough. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes to set and then start making pooris.
3. Grease your hands with some oil and knead the dough again until smooth. Start making small lumps from the dough. You can keep the size of pooris big or small as desired. Once done with preparing all the lumps ,roll out these lumps giving them round shape. Then flatten these dough balls giving a shape of peda. Prepare all the dough balls likewise.
4. Heat some oil in a wok for frying the pooris. Then start rolling out the pooris. For this, lift one dough ball Then grease the rolling board and rolling pin with some oil. Roll out the dough ball into round poori with 3 to 4 inch diameter. Don’t roll the pooris too thin roll them evenly. Once done with rolling out the pooris, check if the oil is sufficiently hot for frying the poori. Drop small dough ball into the oil, if it floats on the surface then the oil is sufficiently hot.
5. Gently slide poori in oil for frying. Press down the poori very gently to make it fluffy. Flip the side and fry until it gets golden brown in color from both the sides. Meanwhile roll out another poori. Flip the side of poori that is in the wok. Once the poori turns golden brown in color from both the sides, drain it out from the wok. Place the poori on a ladle and hold it on the edge of the wok so that excess oil drains back.
6. Place the fried poori over a plate covered with absorbent paper. Similarly fry rest of the pooris. With this much dough 15 pooris are prepared. Turn off the flame now.
7. yummy spicy green peas pooris are ready.Serve these flavorsome pooris steaming hot with aloo tamatar sabzi, matar gobhi sabzi, pickle or any other sabzi you relish eating the most.