Fish Curry Recipe
This is imperative for fish lovers to know its importance in daily life. Fish is loaded with many important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D.It is also the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain development. Regular consumption of fish can reduce the risk of various diseases and disorders.
With its tremendous benefits, fish is also a delicious and easy to prepare recipe. For this reason, it should be relatively easy to incorporate it into the diet. Eating fish 1-2 times per week is considered sufficient to reap the benefits.
If possible, choose wild-caught fish over farmed. Wild fish tends to have more omega-3s and is less likely to be contaminated with harmful pollutants.
Ingredients for Fish Curry :-
- Fish - 500 gms
- Red Onion - 1 large, finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 large, finely chopped
- Green chili - 3-4 slit
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Garlic pods - 8 chopped
- Dry red chili - 2
- Pepper cons - 1 tbsp
- Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size
- Warm water - 1 cup to dilute tamarind
- Fish masala powder - 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
How to make fish curry in five steps:-
1.Clean the fish and drain all excess water add salt and turmeric, set aside.
2.In a big non stick pan heat oil on medium flame add the peppercons and after 20 seconds, add the red chili and curry leaves and then the onions saute for a minute now add the garlic and let it cook until onions get translucent, this takes around 3 minutes.
3.Now add the chopped tomato, green chilli saute until the tomoto turns mushy should take 3 minutes.
4. Now add the masala powder and little salt and mix well, add 1/4 cup water and let it the tomatoes cook further for 3 minutes until the oil separates. Check for spiciness and salt.
5. Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup tamarind water discarding the pulp and bring it to a boil and let it cook for 6 minutes, now add the marinated fish pieces and cover the lid, let it cook in medium flame until fish is cooked about 6-7 minutes.
6. Now check if the fish is cooked now add the remaining tamarind water discarding the pulp, cover lid and let it cook further for 5 minutes. Your fish curry is ready to serve.