Eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. Egg yolks contain more calories and fat. They are the source of cholesterol, fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and lecithin.
In my home since we have moderate levels of cholesterol, we have egg white omelets often tapping into the protein power of eggs and when we want to eat whole eggs, we choose this egg curry dish. The cooked yolk (yellow) slips out easily so I sometimes leave that aside and enjoy the white with the curry flavors......enjoy spicy egg curry to warm up any meal.
Ingredients for egg curry:-4 Eggs
1/2 tomato (pureed)
3-4 flakes of garlic
1/2-inch piece of ginger
1-2 green chilies
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt To Taste
Red chili powder to taste
3/4th tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
1 cup Boiled green peas (optional )
How to make Indian Egg Curry :-1. Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside. If using Paneer cut into cubes and fry till golden & set aside for later use.
2. Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer or chopper.
3. Heat oil in a kadhi or wok and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
4. Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato puree. Fry till it starts leaving oil.
5. Add a cup of water and cook till it dry's.
6.Now add the green peas and boiled eggs.
7. Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Garnish egg curry with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha, roti or rice.
Egg curry is also very fast, speedy recipe that can be made within few minutes. This is why egg curry is most favourable recipe among students, bachelors and singles.