Cookies is small baked product that are tasty nutritious, easy-to-store, easy-to-carry, long-lasting foods on long journeys and welcome stuff offered to your guests. When someone asks you how to make biscuits, it seems that it is very tedious and time taking process. But, if you look up a hundred biscuit recipes, you will get some commonalities and a lot of specific, "key" steps that is common to every biscuit recipe.
First before starting biscuit recipe, we will discuss little historical introductions. The term “biscuit”, derives from the Latin “bis coctus”, meaning “twice baked”. The key step is prominent in its meaning itself and which is essentially what many types of biscuits are. In most of the rest of the English speaking world, biscuit still refers to such things as hardtack, small cakes, cookies, etc.
Ingredients for making of cookies/biscuit :-
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
Easiest way to make biscuits and cookies in seven steps :-1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. Put oil in measuring cup and add milk. Do not stir.
3. Add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix lightly to moisten ingredients and knead one or two times to form ball.
5. Roll out between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/2" thick.
6. Cut into 2" biscuits.
7. Bake on an ungreased pan at 475F for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
Try our other snacks list here.