for the dough:1.5 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon dry yeast
150 to 160 ml water - approx ⅔ cup water
½ tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon salt
for the garlic spread:2 tablespoon dairy butter or vegan butter
½ to ⅔ tablespoon minced or chopped garlic or finely crushed garlic (lahsun)
1 teaspoon chopped celery
¼ teaspoon dry oregano
2 pinch carom seeds (ajwain)
1 or 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
½ tablespoon sunflower oil or olive oil
salt as required
black pepper powder as required (kali mirch powder)
How to make Garlic Bread Rolls:1. mix the 1/2 tbsp sugar and yeast in warm water. allow to sit at room temperature for 10-12 mins.
2. after the yeast solution bubbled and frothy, add the flours, salt and oil to the bowl of yeast mixture.
3. mix well and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
4. rub oil on the whole dough and keep covered for up to 1:30 to 2 hours until leavened.
5. beat the butter with a spoon till light and fluffy. add all the spices & herbs along with salt. mix well.
6. check the seasoning in the garlic spread and add more of the herbs, spices or salt if required.
7. lightly punch the dough before making the rolls on a work surface.
8. divided the dough into two parts.
9. take one part of the dough and on a lightly dusted flour, roll to a round or rectangle till you get 1/2 inch width in the rolled dough
10. spread the garlic butter evenly on the dough.
11. roll the dough till the end.
12. make a similar roll with the other part of the dough.
13. now both the rolls are ready to be sliced.
14. first give a cut from the center and then equally cut the two parts. so you have now 4 equal slices of the rolled dough.
15. grease a pan in which all the 8 rolls will fit. place the rolls in the pan and brush their tops with remaining garlic butter. cover and let the rolls double up for 35-40 minutes.
16. you can also sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the rolls.
17. bake in a pre heated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees C till the tops are golden.
18. serve the garlic bread rolls with tea or coffee.