Basically, the fish ball or fishball, is an eatable, ball-formed cake made of pulverized fish. The fish meatballs are generally white or yellow in colour, and measure around an inch to two inches in size.
Fish ball is a Chinese dish but also very popular in Asia particularly in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, and the Philippines. Depending on choice of the people, fish ball recipes and its preparation varies from country to country. Here, we will discuss Indian fishball recipe which is slightly modified from Asian fishball recipe. So, try this quick and tasty appetizer to serve at your next party, the fish balls.
Fish balls are low in calories, as an 100-gram serving of the food contains just 77 calories. That amount comprises less than 4 percent of the daily recommended intake of 2,000 and makes fish balls a possible food choice for those looking to lose weight. You could burn the calories in 100 gram of Chinese fish balls through eight minutes of jogging or five minutes of jumping rope. ( Ref: livestrong.com)
So, Fish balls are not great source of protein, carbohydrates, fat but also have nourishing advantages, as they are huge source of vitamins and minerals. Your body needs vitamins and minerals to complete key metabolic capacities for ideal wellbeing.
Ingredients for fishball:-
- 500 grams of white fish
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons green chili paste
- 1 cup green coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste.
Step by step fish ball preparation and recipe
1. Cut the fish in small pieces.
2. Grind it into a food processor and make a paste.
3. Mix green pepper paste, fish sauce and salt.
4. Keep adding this mixture to 30 seconds.
5. Put the mixture in a bowl and mix the coriander in it.
6. Now make small balls of it and put them in the fridge so that they get frozen.
7. Now fry them in oil.
8. Serve with Chutney or sauce.