Coconut chutney is widely used along with idli, dosa, appam, etc. Coconut is one of the most used raw material for making chutney in south-Indian breakfast. Preparation of coconut chutney is very quick and easy to prepare. This chutney recipe is most common counterpart in Indian breakfasts.
Ingredients of coconut chutney recipe:-
- 1 cup roughly chopped Fresh Coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Chana Dal (daliya)
- 1 tablespoon Curd
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Tamarind Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Oil
How to make coconut chutney :-
- Take chopped coconut in a small chutney jar of food processor or grinder.
- Grind it to make a medium coarse paste and transfer to a plate.
- Add green chillies, roasted chana dal and ginger in same chutney jar.
- Grind them to a smooth powder.
- Add crushed coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Grind them to make a medium coarse paste. If required, add more water to get desired consistency of chutney and grind again. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a small tempering pan. Add mustard seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Take away pan from flame and immediately pour tempering over the prepared coconut paste and mix well.
- Your coconut chutney for idli and dosa is ready.
Enjoy it with your favorite type of dosa, idli etc.