Coconut Chutney Recipe
Coconut chutney is widely used along with idli, dosa, appam, etc. It is one of the most used raw material for making chutney in south-Indian breakfast as well as lunch and dinner. Preparation of coconut chutney is very quick and easy. Coconut chutney recipe is most common counterpart in Indian breakfasts.
Ingredients of coconut chutney recipe:-
- 1 cup roughly chopped Fresh Coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Chana Dal (daliya)
- 1 tablespoon Curd
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Tamarind Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Oil
How to make coconut chutney :-
- Take chopped coconut in a small chutney jar of food processor or grinder.
- Grind it to make a medium coarse paste and transfer to a plate.
- Add green chillies, roasted chana dal and ginger in same chutney jar.
- Grind them to a smooth powder.
- Add crushed coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Grind them to make a medium coarse paste. If required, add more water to get desired consistency of chutney and grind again. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a small tempering pan. Add mustard seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Take away pan from flame and immediately pour tempering over the prepared coconut paste and mix well.
- Your coconut chutney for idli and dosa is ready.
Enjoy it with your favorite type of dosa, idli etc.