As the summer is going to its peak, the watermelon is a very common choice for all to cope the heat waves. So, using watermelon in your diet is very good for your health point of view in the summer.
In watermelon recipe, we will use the white part of watermelon that we generally discard after using its reddish pink pulp. So, you can use the red pulp as raw, for eating or for juice or halwa and the white part can be used in halwa. Watermelon halwa can be described as two types-
- Watermelon pulp halwa- uses pulp in halwa
- Watermelon rind halwa - uses white part of watermelon
So, today we are going to discuss the second part, and you will come to the Watermelon rind Halwa recipes in very simple way.
Health benefit of watermelon:
Watermelon pulp consists of about 90 to 92% of water and it is very nutritious, multi-mineral, multi-vitamin laden pulp has many health benefits as it helps in prevention from diabetics, cancer, heart diseases, and is a natural blood pressure controller food and many more beneficial properties.
Ingredients for Watermelon halwa:-
- Grated watermelon white rinds -1cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Sugar -1/4 cup
- Elaichi powder -1tsp
How to make Watermelon Rind Halwa/Tarbooj ke chilke ka halwa:-
- At first heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- When oil becomes hot, pour grated watermelon in it. Fry it by stirring continuously.
- Now add milk, sugar, Kesar strands.
- Cook it 2 -3 minutes.
- Now add elaichi powder and mix well.
- Cook it for some time and turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with cashew or almonds before serving.
A special watermelon halwa is ready to serve.
Try our other halwa recipe.....