Ingredients for Traditional Roast Chicken
- 1 kg Chicken
- 25 gm butter
- 1 garlic
- 3 tbsp roasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbs salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbs water
How to make Traditional Roast Chicken
- Mix a tablespoon of the butter with the garlic, walnuts and parsley in a small bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Loosen the skin from the breast of the chicken without breaking it. Spread the butter mixture evenly between the skin and breast meat. Place the lime quarters inside the body cavity.
- Pour the oil into a roasting pan. Transfer the chicken to the pan and dot the skin with the remaining butter. Roast in a preheated oven, for 1 hour, basting occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Lift out the chicken and place on a serving platter to a rest for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with the water, then stir into the juices in the pan. Stir oven low heat until thickened, adding more water if necessary. Garnish the chicken with lime wedges.
- Your traditional roast chicken is ready to serve.