Chilled Rice Pudding-Phirni Recipe
This light, creamy and sweet phirni is actually a chilled rice pudding flavored dish added with with rose water, makes it very tasty and mouth watering taste and excellent accompaniment for a hot summer day or after a spicy meal.
How to make phirni in just 3 step -
Phirni/chilled rice pudding ( Image courtesy: milkmaid)
Ingredients for Phirni-
- 1 tin - Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups (450 ml) - Milk
- 100 gm - Rice
- 1 tsp - Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- few - Rose Petals
- 1 tsp - Rose Water
How to make a Chilled Rice Pudding/Phirni
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes to 50 minutes. Drain water and grind to a fine paste.
- Add milk to paste and heat together, stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom.
- Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and remove from fire.
- Add elaichi (Cardamom) powder and rose water.
- Leave to cool by setting it into a refrigerator.
- Serve garnished with rose petals.