- ½ Cup of besan (gram) flour
- ¼ Cup of sugar or per your taste
- ¾ Cup of water
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of melted ghee
- 1 Tablespoons thin sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoons thin sliced pista
|Gram floor/Besan Halwa|
How to make besan ka halwa:1. Firstly heat 1.5 cups of milk in a thick bottomed pan till it comes to a boil.
2. at the same time, when you keep the milk for boiling, on another stove top keep a thick bottomed pan. add ¼ cup of ghee in it.
3. once the ghee melts, then lower the flame.
4. add 1 cup of gram flour (besan) and mix very well with the ghee.
5. keep on stirring continuously so that the besan is evenly roasted.
6. mix and stir well for 14 to 15 mins on low heat, till the besan leaves a nutty aroma.
7. soon the gram four will start releasing ghee.
8. by now the milk must have also got boiled. in case the milk gets boiled earlier, before the besan gets roasted, then switch off the flame and cover the milk pan. the milk has to be poured in batches. keep the flame to a low and first pour 1 cup of hot milk gradually into the roasted gram flour. while you are pouring the milk, simultaneously keep on stirring also. mix the milk very well with the roasted gram flour.
9. then pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
10. continue to mix and stir the mixture for 1 to 2 mins.
11. add 1/3 cup of sugar.
12. stir well so that no lumps are formed. keep continuously stirring for 5 to 6 mins on a low flame.
13. soon the mixture will start thickening. you have to continuously keep stirring the mixture, then only halwa will be smooth and without lumps.
14. add cardamom powder, chopped pistachios and almonds.
15. continue to stir and mix well.
16. you will see the halwa leaving ghee at the sides. the halwa will also start leaving the edges of the pan.
17. switch off the flame. the halwa will become thick as it cools down.Grease Aluminium tray with ghee.
18. Pour besan mixture on tray .spread eventually On tray.
19.you can cut in square shape or diamond shape.